How to create a smooth path with a UR10 + force sensor?

Hay,
I have a program for a UR10 where it is following a path on a surface. When it is moving it puts force on the surface. We use an Optoforce sensor for this process. In the software of the sensor there is a force controlled movement. This is what we use to go from point to point, but at every point it stops for a few seconds.

Is there a way to make that movement smooth without the wait in between?

Below is a link to the program
MAIN_CODE_repolish_BACK.script (90.3 KB)

Thanks in advance for the help,

Schelte

Hi,

i have no experience with the sensor, but the normal way to make smooth movements is to use ‘blend’,

as shown in this video:

Stopping for a few seconds is not normal operation. Perhaps the robot is doing some calculations of there is a ‘wait’ command.

Hi there,

I have three questions:

• What is the firmware version of the robot?
  • What is the specific sensor you are using?
  • What is the driver version you are using?

Also could you tell me what the relevant part of the code is, where does it go wrong?

Their problem is probably related to the optoforce software component. This software is the part making adjustments to the movement, so this probably has nothing to do with the default movement blend radius setting.

Hi,

The firmware of the robot is: 3.4.5.100
The sensor: 6 Axis Force Torque Sensors, model: HEX-E
https://optoforce.com/6-axis-force-torque-sensor-robot-accessories-for-fast-automation
driver: HW: v1.3 , SW: v2.60

Below a small piece of the code where the sensor is used.
example code.rtf (2.8 KB)
I use a list of coordinates where the robot needs to go. With a while loop I go through the list and put the coordinates inside the move command.

I have talked about this with Guus, and he told me you guys use RoboDK for code generation. Could you sh
are the RoboDK script / files?

Edit:
Nevermind, you guys are only generating the path in RoboDK right? Could you configure your movement commands in a different way? Setting the blend radius as suggested by @RoelT (It is in Meters, so fill in something that makes sense. It looks like the default value is 50.0 mm / 0.05 m)

Let me know if this changes anything!

movej(q, a=1.4, v=1.05, t=0, r=0)
movej(HOME, a=1.3962634015954636, v=1.0471975511965976, r=0.05)

I use a force controlled movement from the Optoforce sensor software. There is no option to use blend with it.

Can you try to make a simple force controlled movement using just a few points you define yourself instead of the points generated by RoboDK? What are the results on that?

This week I have no time to test it out. But maybe next week after the demonstration I have time to test it.
Thanks for your help.